It is with great pleasure that the committee would like to invite you to celebrate Mexican Independence Day on Saturday 17th September, from 6 pm to 12 am in the Redcliffe Hall, in Belmont. Same place as last year.
The format will be the same as previous editions:
- The fiesta will be for members only. You may renew your membership or become a member on the night. Or fill this form and send it to us by email, with a copy of your deposit.
- People will bring a Mexican dish to share. Bring enough food for you and your family, plus a bit more so that everyone can have a chance to try many dishes.
- FOMEX will pay for the hall, non-alcoholic drinks, music and tortillas.
- If possible bring your children wearing a regional costume to participate in El Grito ceremony.
- You may bring guests to the fiesta under the following conditions:
- You bring enough food for you, your family, your guests and a bit more.
- Your guests 12 and older will pay $20 AUD each. This money will go towards paying FOMEX's expenses.
- Please let Gigi Schettino (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you are planning to come and what dish you will bring, to avoid too many repeats.
As usual, we will need help to decorate the hall, set the tables, help in the kitchen (1 hr shifts), remove the tables, cleaning and transporting stuff to the hall. If you can volunteer for one or more of these activities, please let Gigi know.